The baking industry’s aspiring executives will gather in Washington to network with senior industry leaders and hear from them on a variety of issues including what keeps baking executives up at night and initiatives underway to address the industry skills gap. Rounding out this content-rich agenda will be business and advocacy experts sharing their insights on the skills needed to be an effective CEO and successful strategies for communicating with policymakers. Attendees will have an opportunity to use their new advocacy skills with members of Congress during the lobbying visits and Bakers’ Dozen Reception on Capitol Hill, as well as connect with one another at the numerous networking events.
“NextGenBaker’s Leadership Development program is an essential element of the ABA Fall Policy Conference,” said NextGenBaker Co-Chair Jesse Amoroso, Amoroso’s Baking Co. “No other industry event offers more wide-ranging and valuable content. From executive leadership training, political forecasting from inside-the-Beltway experts, policy and advocacy education, Capitol Hill lobbying visits with policymakers, in-depth sessions with industry leaders, and more, the Fall Policy Conference with NextGenBaker programming is a must-attend event and a great investment in your company’s rising executives.”
Session leaders include:
- NextGenBaker Co-Chair Jesse Amoroso, Vice President, Amoroso’s Baking Co.
- Rowdy Brixey, Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Jennifer Duffy, Senior Editor, The Cook Political Report
- Brad Fitch, President & CEO, Congressional Management Foundation
- U.S. Senator Cory Gardner (R-CO)
- Valerie Germain, Managing Partner, Heidrick & Struggles
- Laurie Graves, Director, People Systems, The Bama Companies
- Larry Marcucci, President, Alpha Baking Co.
- NextGenBaker Co-Chair Morgan Murphy, Sales, Mother Murphy’s Labs
- ABA Chairman Rich Scalise, Hearthside Food Solutions, Chairman & CEO
NextGenBaker is dedicated to developing the future leadership of the wholesale baking industry and the American Bakers Association by bringing together executives in a forum that educates participants on industry trends, encourages active engagement in public policy discussions, and develops individual personal leadership and management skills.