ABA is a National Strategic Partner in the USDA/CNPP Nutrition Communicators Network. "By partnering with USDA, corporations win, USDA wins, and the American consumer wins. That's a win-win-win situation," said Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack.
The new icon is a powerful tool to help adults, parents and their children integrate healthy and sensible eating habits into their daily lives. Appropriately, grains occupy a large portion on the plate – a reaffirmation of grains as the foundation of a healthy lifestyle.
- The 2010 Dietary Guidelines recommendations preserve grains as part of the foundation of a healthy lifestyle stating that the average American should eat six servings of grain foods daily, making half of those whole grains. The new food graphic that replaced the food guide pyramid was unveiled on June 2, 2011. As part of USDA’s calendar of targeted nutrition messages, grains are scheduled to be featured Q3 2012.
- Check out the ABA, USDA MyPlate Videos!
- Read the latest ABA MyPlate/Dietary Guidelines news
- Read the Issue Brief (pdf)
- MyPlate Official website: www.choosemyplate.gov