What is the Technical Conference?
The Technical Conference brings together bakers and suppliers from across the U.S. and around the world. Educational breakout sessions, Allied table top Exhibition, industry expert presenters, and powerful networking opportunities are hallmarks of this conference.
2019 Technical Conference
October 20-23, 2019
Atlanta Marriott Marquis
Save the date! More information will be announced as available.
Check out the 2018 Registration Brochure to see if the ABA Technical Conference is right for you.
Are you a dynamic speaker who is an expert in your field?
- Cracker Formulation and Processing- Trouble shooting problems on sheeting equipment
- Specific topics on cookie and cracker dough processing
- Latin American Speakers – Products, Flavors, differences and similarities to the U.S. Markets
- New bakery trends and products- focusing on clean labels, power bars, protein bars
- Controlling cracker/cookie size specifications through baking
- Improving Production inefficiencies – reducing labor with packaging technologies and equipment
- Packaging: flow wrapping, stand-up pouches, etc.
- Improving Production Inefficiencies – reducing labor with packaging technologies and equipment
- Basic engineering concepts training for production personnel
- Oven Technology – Interactions during the operation and energy. Organic acids effect and Specific Mold Inhibitor compounds effect. Microwave ovens Continuous lines vs batch lines
- Optimization of sanitation programs, troubleshooting dough issues, and oven maintenance
- Allergen Management
- Enzyme technology, clean label, organic topics
- Dough mixing using single or dual sigma mixers
- Formulation enzyme technology application
- Food trends in the industry such as organic, non gmo, gluten free
- Ingredients, Tendencies, Enzymes, Flour Conditioners, or other processing aides. Anything to do with formulation
- Training methods which have been effective for training line operators (i.e. mixers, sheeters, bakers, etc.)
- Industry best practices relative to sanitation, sanitary design, maintenance, waste reduction
- How packaging can play a role in increasing output/waste reduction
- FSMA Inspections- Experience from companies who have had an inspection
- How to survive an FDA Audit
- Employment issues in general with the industry
- Hiring, training, and retention, recruitment