The largest, most comprehensive baking industry event in the Western Hemisphere is right around the corner. There’s a lot to see and (smell) at IBIE 2019, more than 100 education sessions to attend, a show floor full of game-changing innovations and technology to explore, more than 23,000 colleagues from 100+ countries to network with, live baking demos right on the show floor to check out and so much more. With so much to see and do, be sure to think ahead and take note of these expert tips that will help you make the most of your time at the show….
Download the app
Navigate IBIE 2019 easily when you download the IBIE Mobile App available in the App Store or Google Play. Easily search for exhibitors, route a show path, find your favorite speakers or celebrity demonstrations and much more.
Insider tip. Download the LinkedIn App so you can easily connect with new members, share your professional experience and add IBIE to your educational experiences.
There are multiple stress-free ways to get around IBIE and Las Vegas. Options available to you include:
- The Las Vegas Monorail connects the Convention Center to the heart of the strip. Book online here and receive a special IBIE 2019 discounted rate.
- Complimentary Shuttle Service is available during peak hours to and from Official IBIE hotels.
- There will be an Uber/Lyft drop available located in the Silver and Blue lots.
Navigate the Show Floor
Map out your show floor itinerary ahead of time. With 1,000 exhibitors and suppliers across 700,000 net square feet, review the exhibit hall floor plan on the IBIE website to find current and new vendors.
With more than 23,000 professionals from all over the world at IBIE, be sure to maximize your networking time by attending the All-American Tailgate Party. Make sure you connect with contacts ASAP to schedule dinners, shows, coffee connections, or meetups- people’s schedules will fill up.
Show Floor Hours
|Sunday, September 8||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Monday, September 9||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday, September 10||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday, September 11||9:00 am – 3:00 pm|
The Badge Pick-up for Exhibitors and Attendees will be located in the North 3 Hall.
|Saturday, September 7||7:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Sunday, September 8||7:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Monday, September 9||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday, September 10||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday, September 11||8:00 am – 1:00 pm|
Get to these IBIE Special Events Early
Some of our most popular events will fill up quickly so plan on arrive early to the iba Virtual Bakery Tours, Artisan Marketplaces, Creative Cake Decorating Competition, All-American Tailgate Party and Fresh Take Talks.
Sessions for Leaders
IBIE has dedicated education sessions for leaders in the baking industry. Below are a few of the ABA sessions:
- NextGenBaker Global Leadership Forum -Tuesday 5 pm
- Effective Policy for Successful Business: From Floor Time to Bottom Line – Sunday at 11:00 am
- Sexual Harassment: The Next Generation – Sunday at 8:30 am
- Innovation for Success: Put the Competition in the Rearview Mirror – Tuesday at 8:30 am
- Power of Bakery: Catch a Ride in the Cart of Your Customers – Tuesday at 9:45 am
Insider tip. IBIE 2019 has an all-new dedicated day of education on Saturday, September 7. Don’t miss out and register today.
Please note, there are several types of IBIEducate passes you can purchase, including an all access pass, six session passes, single session passes, and Saturday education pass. The hands-on workshops require separate purchases.
Need a Place to Relax?
The Bakers Lounge is located in Central Hall right on the show floor.
Corporate Meeting Program
If your team is joining you, consider the IBIE’s Corporate Meeting Program, you’ll save on travel time and expenses, get access to a personal event concierge and enjoy free or discounted meeting space.
Experience Las Vegas
Even though we know you’re here for IBIE, take advantage of the location. Be sure to keep an eye on the IBIE website over the next few months as we release more details on the IBIE Show Your Badge program, where your attendee badge will get you discounts at restaurants and entertainment all around Las Vegas. Feel free to ask for any advice on where to eat, what to see, and how to book- do so early as space books up.
We’re not kidding – IBIE is a huge trade show. It is important to be as prepared as possible. Don’t pack last minute. Here are a few important items to make sure you have before coming to the show:
- Comfortable shoes – 700,000 sq. ft is a lot of ground to cover
- Remember to hydrate. Bring a reusable water bottle to help remind you to drink water
- A pen and a notepad- carry extra pens to share, its always a great conversation starter
- Business cards for networking- lots of them
- Grab your show bag at registration for the show swag and other goodies
- Have a booth? Make sure to add your booth number and location to your email away message
- @BakingExpo and #IBIE2019 – monitor the hashtag throughout the conference to see what people are talking about.
- Pad your schedule to account for possible delays. Delays happen from running into old friends, going overtime in a meeting or not factoring in walking time, prepare for it.