The American Bakers Association’s member companies and employees are at the heart of our operations. ABA remains committed to their safety and wellbeing. Our staff, along with many of you, are closely following the concerning news regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
ABA took immediate steps to engage with top government officials as well as industry partners, recognizing that this is a full supply chain and industry issue. While we continue to collect information from both officials and our Members, please refer to these resources to help understand appropriate workplace prevention strategies and best practices.
ABA Resources for the Baking Industry
- More Resources
- Critical Infrastructure Certifications
- Communication Templates
- Workforce Development during COVID-19
- ABA Webinars
- ABA Podcast: Bake to the Future
- Communicating in a Crisis with Jim Antrup, Tippin’s Pies
- Safely Delivering Products in this Crisis with Bob McGuire, Alpha Baking Co.
- What the Future of Retail Means for Bakery with Gary Hawkins *NEW
- Listen to all past podcasts on BaketotheFuture.org
Food and Beverage Industry Alliance
- Food and Beverage Industry COVID-19 Test Method Factsheet
- Considerations for Identifying Exposed Employees as Related to COVID-19
- Covid-19 Employee Symptoms/Testing Status-Based Decision Tool For Food Facilities *UPDATED
- Recording of COVID-19 Work-Related Illness Under OSHA Recordkeeping Requirements
- Protocols When Employee/Customer Tests Positive for COVID-19 *UPDATED
- Guidance for Proper Usage of Face Masks
- Screening Food Industry Employees for COVID-19
- Emergency Prevention Measures to Achieve Physical Distancing in Facilities
- Messaging and Communications Toolkit
- Thank You Bakery Employees Video in English and Spanish
- Thank You Food Industry Employees Video
Baking Industry Coronavirus Resources Share Group on LinkedIn
This LinkedIn forum is a way to connect easily and quickly with others throughout the supply chain – to enable practical and timely actions to help solve very real issues we are all facing. Ask questions and get advice. Share instances of things that have worked well, and maybe ones that haven’t.
BakingStrong: Stories from ABA Members Helping Team Members and the Community
Looking for resources from government agencies and industry groups? It’s moved to a new page.