ABA’s Food Technical and Regulatory Affairs Professionals Group (FTRAC) Virtual Conference in June will cover topics related to COVID-19, food safety, and nutrition. You won’t want to miss this important, interactive discussion.
Date: June 10, 2020
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 pm EDT
- COVID-19 Status Update
- Dr. David Acheson, CEO & President, The Acheson Group, and members of the TAG team
- Legal Review of COVID-19 Related Issues
- Miriam Guggenheim, Partner, Covington
- Food Fraud and COVID-19
- Tracie Sheehan, VP Technical Services, Mérieux NutriSciences
- FTRAC Group Q&A/ Roundtable Discussion
- Kantha Channaiah, Director, Microbiology, Regulatory, AIB International
- AIB Kill Step Validation Update – Status of Analysis with MSU
- Food Safety and Nutrition Policy Updates
The Food Fraud and COVID-19 discussion will cover questions such as
- What is the relationship between the COVID-19 pandemic and food fraud?
- How can companies assess food fraud and food safety risks for their ingredients?
- How to save your company money and protect its reputation through mitigating food fraud?
Dr. Acheson is the President and CEO of The Acheson Group, a consulting firm which provides strategic advice as well as recall and crisis management support to food companies and ancillary technology companies on a global basis on all matters relating to food safety and food defense.
From 2002-2009, Dr. Acheson worked at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), first as the Chief Medical Officer Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, then as Associate Commissioner for Foods, which gave him an agency-wide leadership role for all food and feed issues, including health promotion and nutrition.
Tracie Sheehan is currently leading Technical Services at Mérieux NutriSciences (Silliker) which provides auditing, consulting, training, and labeling services. Prior to this role she served as Chief Health, Quality & Sustainability Officer for ARYZTA for 7 years. She previously worked for the Sara Lee Corporation as Senior Vice President of Food Safety and Scientific Affairs for 8 years and Kellogg Company for 11 years.